Thursday, January 1, 2009

An abundance of scarves

Picture-heavy post to make up for my absence?

I have knit several scarves recently. Three for Christmas presents, and one for Tim which I started a while ago and finished at some point in early November, I think.

Tim's scarf:
stuff 054
stuff 058
Angel Hair yarn, size 15 needles, chunky rib of p3, k4, p3, k4, etc.
For the most part I am happy with this scarf, although the way I bound off makes it kind of flare at one end, which bugs me. However, Tim told me I couldn't take it back from him to "fix" that, so I guess it is just a part of the scarf's personality.

Sherri's scarf:
12-31-2008 001
12-31-2008 002
Jo-Ann Sensations Rainbow Boucle yarn, crocheted, size J hook, worked lengthwise with lots and lots of increases, on both sides of the chain (worked around it rather than going back and forth.)
This scarf is perfect for Sherri and I like it because she loves it, but it's not a style I would make for myself!

Amanda's scarf:
12-31-2008 014
12-31-2008 018
Jo-Ann Sensations Rainbow Classic yarn, size 10 1/2 needles, garter stitch with some patterning: occasional rows of purling instead of knitting, and occasional rows of yarn overs after every stitch, which were all dropped on the next row.
I think this is my favorite of the four scarves, although I kind of wish I had made it just a bit longer.

Brooke's scarf:
12-31-2008 019
12-31-2008 021
Acrylic yarn, granny squares, alternating rainbow on the outside with black on the outside.
This scarf was inspired by the blanket I am making. I was sewing together the squares for that and had a strip of them sewn together, and my sister stole it and started wearing it as a scarf. :)

No comments: