Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Finished Blanket :)

I am surprised that I never posted about this blanket yet, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised since I never really posted much about anything.

Anyway, this blanket has been in the making for over two years! It is one of those projects that I would pick up, work on a large chunk of it, and then put it away for several months before taking it back out to work on again.

I finally finally finished it a few weeks ago while on a little vacation with my bf.
Here he is sleeping under it when it was almost-finished:


This blanket had an interesting beginning. Once upon a time, it didn't start out as a blanket. I crocheted a skirt in a similar fashion with lots and lots of stripes. Then I crocheted a belt for the skirt. The problem was that the belt was way too big and thick and bulky to actually be worn. So then it decided to become a blanket instead.




The blanket is made entirely of individual rows of acrylic yarn, with a size K hook. Some colors of yarn have only one row in the entire blanket, other colors are repeated over and over again.

Originally I was supposed to use up some of my acrylic-yarn stash, but I'm fairly sure that after buying a bunch more yarn for this blanket I now have more yarn than I started with. Oh darn, guess I will have to make more things.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

The picture of chris sleeping under it is very cute!